I was at service a few weeks ago, and the man leading the minyan quoted this text about the ba'al shem Tov (the founder of Hasidism):
רפואת הבעל שם טוב נשמתי בגנזי מרומים היה רק על ידי יחודים, שהיה מייחד ומעלה השכינה אל מדת אין. וממילא נתתקן למטה גם כן
-מאור עינים פרשת נשא
Roughly translated it means: The essence of the healing of the Baal Shem Tov was only by means of yichudim (unifications), in which he unified and raised the shechina to the level of Ain (God), and in truth, that would repair down below (in this world) as well.
That sounds remarkably like my conception of what I try to do. The challenge now is to learn the yichudim so I can really understand what he did.
That sounds remarkably like my conception of what I try to do. The challenge now is to learn the yichudim so I can really understand what he did.

No comments:
Post a Comment