Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An interesting encounter with a Muslim Mystic

I had a very interesting experience today. I attended a lecture by an Israeli-Arab Sufi mystic who does a lot of cross cultural talks. He was talking about the History of Islam and while he lectured, I felt no power or energy coming from him. He began to talk about how Muslim's pray and people were very curious about the bows (he had been describing it poorly). So he got up and demonstrated how it's done by going through the beginning of one of the prayers.

Immediately, the energy in the room changed. A conduit opened above him and a soul entered the room. He prayed for about two minutes and then returned to his lecture. I focused on the soul that had entered to see what it was. It occurred to me that his gift/power was in his prayers, not in his lectures.

I was in a very open environment, so a minute or two later, I asked him who had come in. At first he misunderstood the question, but then I rephrased it and he got what I meant (though I don't think anyone else in the room understood what I was talking about). He replied that Muslims welcome Eliyahu HaNavi when they pray. I replied that it didn't feel like the Eliahu that I'd met before. He smiled at me and continued with his lecture.

At that point, the spirit came over the me and began to circle me, faster and faster. It wasn't threatening, just moving around me. I felt myself, as I've felt before, as a Chasid: having a long beard and Peyot, and wearing a black coat and hat. The spirit circled me for awhile, then gradually faded as I disconnected with it.

I don't really know what to make of it all, but I thought it was interesting.

No comments: