One of the things John has talked about for the past few years, and now written about in his book, is seeing vs feeling. There are two general ways that people connect to the spirit world: one type of person can see first and then connects, the other has to connect first and only then is able to see. I am a feeler. I need to feel a connection to a person and to God before I can see what is going on with them spiritually. Often, I am only able to feel, and not able to see, which makes it difficult to explain what I do.
My friends who are seers can look at a person and know things about them. They instantly get an idea of who this person is and can accurately talk about what's going on with that person. In a healing world, these are the people who put their hands on someone (or even just look at the person) and can immediately know where the problem is located in their body. Their method of seeing is placing their hands on a person, but once they do that, they can "see" the person's energy and issues.
For me, I feel. I feel a connection with a person, I feel power generate when I work on someone, I feel when there is a change and when they are healing, and I can sometimes tell what is going on. I know that one of my fears of the spiritual world blinds me to what is going on. We all have to work through our fears to do this work - this is mine. Hayyim Vital talked about Tikknei Avon, repairs of sins that need to be done before a before a person can enter the spiritual realm. Perhaps there should also be a tikkunei pachad - repair of fear.
John's book is written from the perspective of two people who see, as both John and Judy are see-ers. I am curious and want to explore the language of feeling. How to describe what one is feeling as one make the connections that allow that work to be done in the spiritual world.
When I meet someone who says they do spiritual work, I always ask them to be very specific about what they are doing and feeling. That helps me to clarify what they are experiencing so we can compare notes and make sure we are talking about the same experience. But when it comes to my own experience, I often lack in words. I think, over the next few months, that I will try to explore the language of feeling and see if I can more accurately describe my experiences.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment